First of all, we just want to take a moment to thank you for the opportunity to serve you, whether you have trusted in our cleaning Services since the beginning or are just now getting to know us. With our first cases of the new Corona virus in our area just being announced recently, we will be implementing new and more strict guidelines to maintain the safest and highest quality of service possible during this time.
As you know, COVID-19 attacks our lungs and can result in severe viral pneumonia in critical cases. Indoor air pollution and poor indoor air quality (resulting from dust, debris, dander build-up in a home or business) can not only compromise individuals suffering from respiratory illness – but can help carry/transmit virus attached to particles of dust, debris, or dander in the home/office air. According to the American Lung Association, “Poor indoor air quality can cause or contribute to the development of infections” by a greater likelihood of transmission through the air and exacerbation of symptoms once any disease is contracted. Knowing these facts our teams will be providing free services to those in need and will be hosting lives educating our Community about how to clean most effectively, where to focus their attention to make the most essential difference and how to do these things themselves!
Not Everyone Can or Has the Time to Clean their own Homes – This makes Professional cleaning more important than ever right now. Many of our residential clients completely rely on regular weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly cleaning services. Many individuals, because of medical or mental health reasons, simply cannot perform basic cleaning tasks and certainly not deep cleaning and sanitation – which is imperative during COVID-19 outbreak. For example – tens of thousands of Americans who suffer from permanent neurological deficits secondary to CVA – and many other medical and mental health issues. Our work in the community is vital and essential – especially now.
COVID-19 will not be going away after this is over. This is a matter that is going to require, we as the professional cleaning industry – as well as society in general, to quickly adapt to and more forward with new protocols as the threat will be with us for quite some time. Our clients (residential and commercial) rely on the services of professional cleaners each day – especially now when indoor air quality and sanitation & disinfection of our homes and businesses is the only line of defense per CDC guidelines and recommendations.
Yesterday, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy made a statement when asked by an ABC reporter about essential businesses and in-house cleaners in particular, the Governor stated that house cleaners are, “overwhelmingly essential” and that we are an essential service trade – like any other trade in our local community.
House Cleaning and business cleaning is actually one of the most essential services provided to the public during times like these. According the American Lung Association and the CDC, having a clean-living environment greatly increases the viability and resilience of health within your homes and businesses, especially when facing an epidemic of lung disease, such as COVID-19. We thank you for trusting in us as your cleaning service providers and we look forward to helping keep your family safe during this time. We appreciate your patience during this time of transition for our company in order to provide for you and our staff the best and safest outcome with every visit.
It’s important that we as community are cautious and thoughtful in our approach to addressing this virus, but also just as important that we do not overreact or panic in response to it either. This is the exact attitude we hold fast to here at Spotlessly Clean. Our cleaning crews feel confident in the work they are doing in your homes, take pride in the service they provide and love that they can serve you all, especially during this crucial time. They also need to remain healthy to continue to work and provide services to our community as well as protect you and all of clients the very best ways possible at this time.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
1) Please inform our office if you or someone currently living in your home has a fever or is in anyway sick, we will need to postpone your visit until the person(s) are feeling better, or has not ran a fever for at least 72 hours.
2) We ask that all clients provide their own vacuums from here on to lessen and eliminate the risk of cross contamination between homes – if you do not have a vacuum in your home, we can pick one up for you to keep in your home – and will add the expense to your cleaning invoice.
3) We ask that from here on all clients and technicians remain 6 at least feet apart as recommended by the CDC. In order to ensure this, we ask that all clients refrain from greeting our technicians at the door. If you are home and unlock the door our technicians will let themselves in during their expected arrival.
4) All VRBO clients – We will no longer be able to carry out back to back services. We will need at 24 hours from the time the customer leaves the property to the time our crews arrive on the property.
WHAT IS THE SPOTLESSLY CLEAN TEAM DOING?
1) Spotlessly Clean will continue to follow all steps to prevent cross-contamination, including but not limited to:
· Disinfecting all supplies, equipment and kits in your homes after cleaning bathrooms and kitchen areas and between each home that we serve.
· Spotlessly Clean Technicians will continue to frequently change to new/dispose of old rags and mop pads especially in bathrooms and kitchen – never used in different multiple spaces or rooms.
· Spotlessly Clean Technicians will wear gloves during the entirety of each cleaning and change gloves frequently, and always after cleaning bathrooms and kitchens.
·Spotlessly Clean Cleaning Technicians will wash/disinfect their hands frequently, ie. between homes, after eating etc.
· Spotlessly Clean Technicians will wear a mask if they are experiencing allergies due to pollen, dust, pet dander or any other allergen that may cause sneezing, tickly throats or sniffly noses.
· Spotlessly Clean Teams will pay special attention to thoroughly sanitize and disinfect places in homes touched most frequently, such as doorknobs and light switches.
2)Our team members will remain home if they are showing any signs of illness, especially fever.
· Every Spotlessly Clean Technician will check their temperature before reporting to work daily.
· Spotlessly Clean Technicians will stay home from work if they have a cough and/or sore throat.
Our Spotlessly Clean Team and Management will continue to closely follow all the guidelines of the CDC, and will notify all of our clients as new developments come about in order to serve you, your families and your businesses in our service areas. Thank you again for trusting our team as your cleaning providers!